Monday 12 March 2012

Rough Cut: Audience Feedback

On Friday, we were given the opportunity to showcase our rough cut of our film openings to the rest of the class. Everyone was given a feedback sheet to comment on each person's film opening. I was fairly happy with my rough cut when it was screened but I still knew that I had a lot still to do to get it up to the high level four that I am aiming for for this project.

Out of the ten feedback sheets I received, three marked me as a level three, two people thought I was on the boundary of level three and four and the remaining five marked me as a level four. Overall, the average mark given to me was forty-seven out of sixty which just places me in level four. However, I still need to gain more marks as I want to acheive the best marks I possibly can.

On my feedback sheets there were mainly positive comments. The main element which most people wrote about was the dramatic music for the titles (which many people also gave positive feedback about) and said how it worked really well to build suspense and give you an idea of the kind of film 'Soul Beneath' would turn out to be. Also, many people commented on the character of Lia and how they thought I had presented her well through her costume and make-up.

However, one person did comment on how they thought that my actress was too old for the role even though she is sixteen playing an eighteen year old! Also, a few people pointed out that my titles were a little too fast for them to read so I will take this into consideration and slow them down slightly in my final piece.

Whilst taking on board the comments from my classmates I think that I will venture further than my media class to give feedback on my film. I want people to be as critical as they can so that I can take everything on board and change my film opening for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment